Our theme for the meeting will be content, and from previous meetings and feedback it looks like courses could be a useful focal point for this. We’ve also had an enquiry from a gov.scot project who might be able to pop along and brief us on what they’re up to which could be very interesting. More on that to follow.
- 1230-1300 Arrival
- 1300 Welcome
- 1310 Gov.Scot (TBC) / Content Discussion
- 1430 Coffee
- 1445 Continue discussion
- 1600 Roundup/close
- 1630 Onward travel/refreshments in the Merchant City
Please feel free to submit refinements or specific suggestions – especially those in content-centric roles.
- Course landing pages i.e. what is the first page you’ve designed for your users to hit and begin to explore your course offerings?
- Course pages – content, language, features, calls to action
- KIS widget in particular. How incorporated, issues, etc.
- Content required as part of the course selection journey – fees, accommodation, funding, applying
- House styles / brand / plain english
- Review cycles / prompts
- Ownership / responsibility
- User testing / research
- Be able to describe quickly how your course content is created and maintained – DB, manual, specialist editors, free-for-all, etc. Feel free to bring slides or submit them ahead of the meeting. If we can gather enough of this ahead of the meeting, I can put together comparison slides.
- Are you engaged in any course-centric projects at the moment?
- Have a look at your analytics – could we perhaps share a dashboard or custom report template to allow us to compare the same metrics for a given period?
- Total views of course pages and the annual cycle for that?
- Top course pages?
- Bounce rates?
- Landing page paths / funnels / behaviours?
- Technical stats on browsers / devices?
- Time of day?
- Time on page?